Site Reliability Engineering for Business Continuity
The practice of SRE is uniquely positioned to help organizations embrace business continuity and disaster recovery. While you can’t plan for every possible scenario, you can certainly improve preparedness through planning, coordination, and learning from the past. SRE takes these core elements and makes them actionable.
In this guide, we’ve collected best practices from SRE industry leaders to help your organization through any crisis and enter the remote work era more resilient than ever. You’ll learn about:
- Minimizing SPOFs (single points of failure)
- Preparing for staffing reductions and changes to continuity plans
- Creating margin in the system to allow for adaptive capacity
- Using SLOs (compassionately) to drive prioritization
- Adapting to remote work and learning for the long term