SAN MATEO, Calif. – March 20, 2019 – Blameless, the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) company, today announced its emergence from stealth with the industry’s only go-to platform for SRE professionals. The company, with more than 20 enterprise customers, is shining a light on the growing importance of SRE and all businesses’ challenge to boost innovation while managing reliability issues. Blameless’s complete and customer-proven SRE platform helps teams quickly identify and resolve potential technical problems before they negatively impact the organization.
“Every company going through a digital transformation struggles to quickly innovate while ensuring maximum reliability for customers. In some cases, there’s a tendency to be ‘all accelerator and no brake,’” said Ashar Rizqi, CEO and co-founder of Blameless. “SRE enables companies to balance the risks between innovation and reliability, while maintaining customer trust and improving the customer experience.”
“Until recently, details on SRE best practices were not shared outside leading tech players like Google. That’s where Blameless comes in,” said Lyon Wong, COO and co-founder of Blameless. “The Blameless SRE platform makes an SRE playbook accessible to all enterprises, allowing engineering and DevOps teams to stay one step ahead of the innovation curve.”
SRE is Blameless
Downtime costs enterprises hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour. That financial cost doesn’t factor in a company’s lost productivity that results from being down for hours. Blameless’s SRE platform empowers teams to efficiently resolve problems when they do occur and manage the risk of future disruptions, all while maximizing innovation in a systematic and blameless way. The platform was built around the concept of a blameless tech environment with no “finger-pointing.” In a blameless culture, all blame moves to the “system,” never to an individual. Individuals are no longer incentivized to hide problems out of fear of getting blamed but are empowered to be change agents for system-wide improvements. Discussions’ focus shift from “it’s not my fault” to “how do we fix this so it doesn’t happen again?” A blameless culture is a culture that drives ownership and continuous improvements.
Several enterprise businesses are already using Blameless’s SRE platform, including DigitalOcean, Procore, Tenable and The Home Depot.
Customers Championing SRE Movement
“The Home Depot prides itself on delivering top-tier customer service — in-store and online,” said Jeremy Yates, head of SRE at The Home Depot QuoteCenter. “Blameless arms us with the technology ammunition we need during an outage — right out of the box. Blameless’s convenient dashboards provide our engineers with role-based responsibility checklists, so we can efficiently resolve problems and get back online. This 360-degree monitoring and management means we (and our customers) are back in business as quickly as possible.”
“Uptime is everything — for a company and its customers,” said Roger McDonald, senior technical program manager at DigitalOcean. “As a cloud infrastructure provider, we host software for hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. It’s critical that we resolve outages quickly and iterate our processes based on our learnings. Blameless is helping us step this up to the next level.”
“Blameless helps us give our clients a better customer experience across the board,” said Stephen Westerman, senior director of engineering strategy at Procore. “Blameless’s low barrier to entry and ease of use is ideal when we’re confronted with an urgent situation and complex problems to solve. We leverage Blameless to ensure our incident response is faster and more coordinated even for low-severity events. This heightened response to lower level issues has helped create a culture where we are more effective at minimizing customer pain.”
A Complete, End-to-End SRE Platform
All modern businesses are built on top of a complex network of traditional applications, microservices and APIs. Each connection between homegrown systems and a cloud computing platform, such as AWS, Microsoft or Google, creates additional reliability issues that have to be constantly monitored, analyzed and resolved. Blameless gives engineering and DevOps teams across-the-board visibility into this complex network of APIs and homegrown applications powering their systems. The company offers the industry’s only complete SRE platform, enveloping incident resolution, reliability insights dashboards, postmortems, SLOs (service level objectives) and automatic error budget calculation.
Blameless’s complete SRE platform enables teams to:
- Coordinate and automate incident resolution. Use AI to engage the right people and teams in the right way to stop problems fast, ensure customer satisfaction and prevent incidents from happening again.
- Run Blameless postmortems. Blameless postmortems allow you to learn without pointing fingers, which ensures continuous improvements. We automatically bring relevant information, proper context and industry best practices to your postmortem process.
- Create, measure and maintain error budgets. Create SLOs and see your remaining error budgets with the Blameless SLO dashboard. Teams gain insight into what parts of the business are consuming the error budget, allowing them to make informed decisions between releasing new features and reliability.
- Gain a comprehensive view of all factors affecting reliability. The Reliability Insights Dashboard includes the holistic view of the critical factors driving reliability: incidents, postmortems, action items, log events, change events and more. Blameless will allow your business to consume event data across your entire DevOps stack, query the data and create custom dashboards, meaning teams can quickly find signals amongst their DevOps data noise.
The Blameless team brings decades of experience from companies including Autodesk, AWS, Box, Hootsuite, MuleSoft, Workday and Yahoo. The founders, who come from both engineering and venture capital backgrounds, saw a market need for an end-to-end SRE platform and built it themselves. Blameless also today announced $20 million in funding from leading venture capital firms, including Accel and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
The Blameless SRE platform is currently available. For more information, contact Blameless at https://www.blameless.com.
- Blameless website: https://www.blameless.com/
- Blog: https://www.blameless.com/blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/blamelesshq
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blameless/
- Blameless is hiring: https://www.blameless.com/careers/
Blameless, the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) company, offers the industry’s leading
go-to platform for SRE professionals. Blameless’s complete SRE platform enables more than 20 enterprise customers, such as DigitalOcean, Procore and The Home Depot, to automatically analyze and optimize business risks and outcomes, resulting in the right balance between reliability and innovation. Headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., Blameless is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Accel.
Offleash for Blameless